My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

LESSONS I'VE LEARNED WHEN LIFE STINKS

Someone askied for the outline of today's teaching, so I said I'd post it here - for him and the world to see!!!

It's based on Jesus stilling the storm in Mark 4.

1. THINGS AROUND US CAN CHANGE VERY QUICKLY
Mark 4:37 - A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped.

2. IT’S EASY TO THINK GOD DOESN’T CARE
v38 - The disciples woke him and said to him, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?"

3. THERE’S A SPIRITUAL BATTLE GOING ON
v39 - He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm.

4. GOD LOVES TO SURPRISE US
v41 - They were terrified and asked each other, "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!"

5. JESUS IS NEVER ANXIOUS, SO WE DON’T NEED TO BE EITHER
v38 - Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion.

6. THOUGH OUR FAITH SEEMS INADEQUATE, IT’S OKAY
v40 - He said to his disciples, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

7. JESUS ALWAYS TAKES US THROUGH
v35 - That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, "Let us go over to the other side."