My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

WHAT DAY IS IT ANYWAY?

Okay, so I haven't been around here for a day or more!

It has been a weird few days since I got back from India. I think the time difference has hit me more this time than on any of the previous nine occasions I've made a visit to that sub-contient. Could it be age I wonder??? Of course not!

I managed to sleep until 4.20 this morning, which is almost two hours more than the previous two nights. Being wide awake at 2.30am stinks unless you're driving on the LIE at the time or pulling the night shift at Home Depot. With those exceptions - and maybe a few more - the night is definitely meant for sleeping.

Yesterday was traumatic of course, as I took Maggie to the vet and stayed with her while she was put to sleep. She was a great dog and the house is really weird without her around. The strange thing is that I protested loud and long that we shouldn't get a dog, but it turned out that I was generally the one she hung out with. She even sat on a chair in my office all day! I won't get too sentimental here - enough to say it was rough making that journey with her.

To add to the day's woes, I later tripped at home while I was carrying some boxes and fell face down on the floor, smashing my glasses and cutting my face. I put that down to weariness from the jet lag!

So it has been fun readjusting after the 10 1/2 hours time difference. Hopefully I'll be back in the land of the living by Thursday, but at the moment it's 4.30 and I'm tired!!!