My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

SOME DAYS

There are days when we do church, have a good time but in all honesty there was nothing too special about the event.

Then there are days like today - spectacular. I drove away from the theater this morning just amazed at the privilege I have to be a part of what God is doing through Church At The Movies.

This was our quarterly Celebration Sunday when we share communion, have baptisms and today we even had the dedication of a beautiful baby thrown in there for good measure.

I didn't get the official count yet, but it looked to me like we had the biggest crowd yet since we moved into the Regal Cinema in Ronkonkoma and eight of the nine people who were baptized have joined us since we made that transition.

Eight weeks ago we didn't even know these people and some of them did not know the Lord, but today they have committed their lives to Christ and have been baptized. I love this stuff. There's nothing on earth like it and as I said on more than one occasion today, this is why our church exists.

It's not a safe-house for world weary Christians and it's not a social club for superior-feeling zealots, we're passionate people with purpose.

Some days we just do the business and that's okay, but then some other days God rocks our world.

This has been the latter!