My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, October 29, 2007

MONDAY MIND DUMP

+ Watching Monday Night Football. It's brilliant to see Brett Favre and the Packers doing so well this season, especially after the universal calls for this champion quarterback to retire after a poor showing last season. This year he's baaaaack - mark up one for the old guys.

+ Had a quieter day today than expected. Non-stop, but no pressure stuff at all.

+ Visited a few stores with Gill and Charlotte looking for a few things for both our homes. Bought very little.

+ Went to a wake, saw one of the many families that have moved from the Island and out of our church, to pursue life in the more affordable setting of Florida's sunshine.

+ Ran 6.75 miles on the treadmill this morning and then 1.5 miles on the elyptical. I often reflect on my first visit to the gym almost three years ago now when I used to walk one mile and was shot.

+ Since the Giants played in London yesterday, people are asking me if football is catching on in England. Of course it's not. They play soccer and cricket over there. There's only one reason the NFL dragged two teams across the Atlantic on this ridiculous venture - money. Soccer will never be big in the U.S. and football will never be huge over there. Heck, the vast majority of the people don't even understand the game and see no reason why they need to.

+ Frank taught the last part of our marriage series brilliantly yesterday. He doesn't teach a lot, but when he does he sure has something to say.

+ Gill's friend came again. I enjoyed the cocktail party we went to at her house Friday night. She said she wouldn't tell people there I am a pastor as that makes them act weird (of course she's dead right).

+ When someone asked me what I do, I said I head up a not-for-profit that operates relief programs in third world countries. All of which is absolutely true! I thought that was funny, but then I'm sick!

+ Still no word on what's happening at rogerblackmore.com. Glad you found me this way, but traffic is way down. Need to resolve this issue, but can't get a hold of the guy with the answers.

+ Looks like the Yankees have got their new manager. Looking at the Red Sox this past season, it could be another several years before a World Series games comes back to the Bronx.

+ Meeting a group of pastors for breakfast tomorrow to discuss our final thrust to see the people we want elected to the Town Board.

+ Leaving for India next Monday, so won't be sleeping as much next MOnday night as I hope to tonight. It's a 14.5 hours over night flight from NY to Mumbai. Looking forward to seeing the folks over there.