My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

GREAT CALL

When we sat down in January to talk about what we felt we should cover in our teaching this year, it was Lesaya who suggested we do another marriage series (we did one in the Spring of '05) and she got it absolutely right.

You would not believe how many people are giving us positive feedback from ONE - Building A Marriage That Lasts, which comes to a conclusion tomorrow morning.

I maintain that since there are only 52 Sundays in a year, it is vitally important that we address the issues that matter most. Now that means obscure traditional areas of interest among Christians don't appear on our radar too often. There's nothing to stop anyone pursuing those incidentals themselves, while we concentrate on essentials - of which marriage is one.

I know I'm the most recognizable public face of our leadership team, but pastoring this great church is very much a joint effort. I appreciate each individual God has brought alongside me and the unique gifts they bring to the table. So our planning is a shared venture and of course our teaching is too. We do better together than I could ever do alone.

Our marriage series illustrates this.

Great call Lesaya!