My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

BIG DAY AHEAD

Tomorrow will be a huge day for us on several fronts -

1. We're continuing our series ONE - Building A Marriage That Lasts. which is proving to be one of the most popular teaching series we have done so far this year.

2. Its the wind-up of our Video Seminar on single parenting that we have been running in another theater at the same time the marriage series was being taught in Theater 5. The feedback from this has been excellent - great material.

3. Gill's friend from the gym is coming back for her third visit. She has invited us over to her house for cocktails next Saturday evening, which should be a great chance to meet her husband too. I don't do cocktails, but I guess there's be some diet coke some place! Just walking across the room!!!

4. Former New York State Senator Robert DiCarlo will be worshiping with us. He is the Republican/ Conservative candidate for Town Supervisor in next month's elections and I appreciate him taking the time to visit Church At The Movies. The Democrats have put out some very negative campaign material this past week, so I hope Senator DiCarlo will find his visit to us an uplifting experience.

5. We have our New Friends' Lunch right after service, with 72 people now signed up. I am really looking forward to sharing our vision and encouraging these great people God has brought to us to get on board and row the boat with us.