My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

SUNDAY RETROSPECT

+ Our set-up guys were insane today. The truck was emptied by 7.28! It's looking like we can move to a fixed 7.30 arrival time and still get the job done in plenty of time.

+ There is an incredible atmosphere around the place on Sundays. I love being there and it seems a lot of other folks do too.

+ Our marriage series is really meeting a need.

+ Frank Summers looked after the Single Parenting video seminar today as Debbie Ingino who put the whole thing together is in Europe on business.

+ Hi Deb! I'm guessing it's you who logged into my blog from France today - we missed you!

+ Went marginally long teaching today - better not get into bad habits.

+ Completed the sign-up for our New Friends Lunch next Sunday. Looks like we'll have around 70 new people there. I guess moving to Ronkonkoma was a smart idea on God's part. Hey, it wasn't my first choice!

+ Didn't go to the gym this afternoon and ate badly too - need to get a grip tomorrow. Have enjoyed the football. Wish Dallas would kick New England's butt, but it doesn't look like the game is going that way.

+ Our smokers' corner seems to have been appreciated, especially as we put chairs there and it was a sunny morning with clear blue skies. You could actually breathe again in the foyer.

+ The band were superb today.

+ I heard about some new folks with us this morning who were there because they saw our on-screen ad at the movie theater last night. Nice to know the advertising is working.

+ Had some lunch at a little pizzeria / Italian restaurant just down the block from our house. Have never eaten there in the 15 years we have lived here - and it was good. Could be onto something here.

+ Still waiting for the Starbucks they're meant to be building down there too.

+ Someone asked me yesterday what kind of church we are. Wanted to know if we were born again - I squashed that idea straight away. Born again I am, but "A born again I'm not"!

+ Dallas are getting killed. Guess my Colts will be the ones to put the Patriots in their place.