My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

TREES

Just got home from my small group and had a good time there. I've mentioned before that Ken and Lenore Swaner are excellent at hosting and leading small groups, so I love to slot into one of their series whenever I can - and this fall season looks good for me.

There was a good blend of people and I think this mix will gell together well once we all get past the nervousness of not knowing one another too well.

We're using some of Rob Bell's NOOMA material - www.nooma.com - and I am already very impressed with the quality.

Tinight we watched him talking about trees. The guy is brilliant - teaching the Bible in a non-religious fashion and providing a visual that conveys one key truth - we live between the trees. I'm too tired and it's really too late to explain what that's all about,

Check it out at the website.

Thanks Ken, Lenore and the gang who showed up tonight - it was a good evening.