My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

HOW FAR CAN WE GO?

I guess we're not a new church any more, now that we have a nine year track record. We've developed into one of the largest non-denominational churches in the are. We may be mobile but we're established and the question of whether we will make it or not does not arise any more.

But it should - it needs to.

Will we make it to our full potential?

Will we make it to really influencing this area significantly?

Will we make it to be a church that creates a dent in the more than 1.3 million people in our county who don't go to church at all?

Will we make it to constantly changing to fit the never-changing story into a culture that's perpetually shifting?

Will we make it to move beyond containment to multiplication?

Will we make it to fine-tuning a model that can be repeated all around Long Island?

Will we make it to bringing hope and healing to thousands of homes?

Will we make it beyond contentment and into our dreams?

I hope so.

God knows, I hope so.