My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

SUNDAY RETROSPECT

+ I just checked my site meter and found that today I have had visitors to this blog from Japan, India, England, Canada, Aruba, Dominican Republic and a good chunk from the USA too of course. Maybe I should rename it - Rog's International Blog!

+ Our Anniversary Sunday went very well. Continuing the practice I started a year or two ago, I did virtually nothing in our service this morning. When we started I did absolutely everything - but now we're all growed up I coccasionally elebrate the fact that Sundays can happen without me!

+ Did you taste the chocolate dipped pretzel sticks Sarah has made for the occasion? They looked good!

+ More visitors again. We already have 37 people signed up for our newcomers lunch on the 21st and today was the first day we announced it. I expect around 60 people to be there.

+ The Colts hammered the Bucs today. Good for Tony Dungy who was treated horrendously by the Tampa Bay club when they fired him a few years ago. Of course no one in Indy is sad the Bucs let him go.

+ Had a good workout this afternoon.

+ You can tell how many new folks we have around and how quickly we get folks involved - I had no idea whatever who the two young women were who were handing out our anniversary pretzel sticks at the main entrance today!!!

+ We probably need to invite smokers to move a little further from the main entrance for their final puff as the foyer stunk this morning.

+ There were at least 30 people watching the service on the plasma TV in our Big Screen Cafe today. I have no idea why you would want to do that, but whatever floats your boat.

+ Guys were back from the DR. Sounds like they had a great time - they are five quality people.

+ I sat in in the Single Parenting That Works seminar in Theater 5 today. It was superb stuff. Debbie Ingino scored a home run setting this up (which is more than the Yankees have done this past while).