My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, October 08, 2007

MY BOY BEN

My grandson Benjamin had his sixth birthday party Saturday afternoon down in Little Elm, Texas. It's a couple of weeks since he actually achieved this milestone, but October 6th was a good date for the party and going by what he told me on the phone that evening, he had a blast.

I'll see him next week as Gill and I are flying over there for a couple of days mid-week. When he was with us late July, together with his sister and parents of course, that was the first time I had seen the kids or their mother in almost a year.

That was too long.

I made up my mind that I need to readjust some of my priorities so that I'm not just a face in a photograph or a voice at the end of a telephone line. God has given us three wonderful grandchildren and I am determined to be a part of all of their lives - hey every kid needs a crazy grandpa!

Over the years I have met too many pastors who have sacrificed family in favor of ministry. Overall this pastor has not done that and I don't plan to start now.

So we'll be in Texas this time next week - back for Sunday of course!