My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

NEW TERRITORY

Interesting day today. I taught on something I have never touched before in over 40 years of preaching and it wasn't anything that was going to send everyone home jumping for joy. As part of our marriage series, I spoke about When Death Us Do Part, looking at how to cope with the death of a spouse.

I have come to the conclusion that few Christians have any Biblical concept of death. It is hardly ever spoken about and is frequently looked upon as a defeat.

So we broke the taboo this morning and apparently while no one walked out floating on air, the material was very well received.

I hope it helped those who have faced bereavement recently, prepared us all for something we may well face down the road and given us all some good stuff so we can better support others in their time of grief.