My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

BITS & PIECES

+ Had a great visit with Tommy in Rehab this afternoon. He was eager to show me his stuff and it was the highlight of my day so far - from being stuck in bed and paralyzed down his left side by a stroke seven days ago, he is now able to get himself out of bed, walk unaided and move his left arm considerably. God's doing some great stuff there.

+ The invitations for our next series arrived today and I am pumped about them. We have never done this before!

+ We're getting more people calling in for Sunday's New Friends' Lunch. It's going to be a crowded affair. Bruno's does great food, so we'll be treating everyone well.

+ Got a lot of stuff done today, so since I planned to be out of town this week anyway, I'm taking a couple of down days. Will be back in the office Friday.

+ Got one estimate to get the Mustang fixed and am waiting for the other one so I can pass them both on to the guy who has to pay the bill.

+ Had an email from a friend the other day who was wondering whether blogging is narcissistic. That's not the kind of heady stuff I want to start thinking about at this time of day.

+ Baseball's on TV - trying to get interested, but really don't care who wins.

+ Wonder if Joe Torre will have a job in the Bronx this time tomorrow. He only failed if you believe the Yankees have a divine right to be in the World Series every season. Thankfully they don't and George Steinbrenner doesn't have enough money to make it happen either.

+ Three weeks from now the polling places will be getting near to closing and we could be on the verge of having a new Town Supervisor. Now that would be a very good thing.

+ Gill's eating out tonight at a place called The Londoner - good British food. It's probably a good thing I'm not down there. I can only exercise so much self-restraint!