My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, October 19, 2007

IMPRESSED

I must confess that in the labyrith of inane TV commercials, I have developed something of an affection for the little English speaking gecko who does his utmost to sell us auto insurance.

I'm not a Geico customer and don't plan to be, but I must confess that I am very impressed with the company's quickl response to their customer who hit me on Monday morning. He finally contacted them yesterday, they called me last night, inspected the car this morning and their check was being mailed out to me today. Now that's service for you.

Seems like a company who still realize they're there for their customers and let's face it, there aren't so many of them around nowadays. A lot of places I do business treat me as if I'm intruding into their world, rather than the guy who actually pays their wages.

Church can get like that too, taking on the character of a private club preoccupied with its own activities, instead of realizing that we exist for one sole purpose, to be salt and light to this world.

In the process of doing that we grow in our own faith, get to know God better and learn to relate more effectively to one another.

I'm impressed with churches that grow as they go, being and doing what Jesus intended. They care about the people coming in the door, like the Geico guy did this morning.