My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, October 26, 2007

WITCHES - SORRY I'M NOT WORRIED

I've had more emails from local pastors this week than I generally have from them in a year and it seems as if there is a major problem about to hit Long Island this weekend.

All these guys are freaking out because the north east Witches Conference will be held in our area tomorrow and they are recommending steps to take to minimise the impact of these purveyors of darkness. Seems like their visit has got people running scared.

Quote:
For the past year and a half, the Lord has revealed to me that the devil was sending witches and satanists from all over the world to this area to try to stop the move of God on our island.

Okay, let's pause here for a second.

Witches and satanists coming from all over to stop the move of God.

Like they can?

Can anyone stop God?

I kind of feel sorry for them, because not only are these folks misguided, they're also wasting their hard earned cash traveling to this neck of the woods to try to do something that doesn't stand a bat's chance in the other place of succeeding.

This reminds me of a story of an uneducated but very powerful English preacher from the last century Smith Wigglesworth. In his biography there is an account of a time when Wigglesworth woke up in the night and sensed something strange in the room. Looking at the foot of the bed, he saw a manifestation of the devil right there. The preacher commented, Oh, it's only you and promptly turned over and went back to sleep.

Seems to me that there was a man who knew how big his God is.

He knew God's promises too - after all the Bible does promise that the Angel of the Lord camps around those who fear Him and delivers them.

There's a call for Christians to converge today on the same hotel the witches will be using to set up a wall of worship to protect the Island. I think that's an excellent idea! - It's always safe to have a backup plan just in case the Angel of the Lord isn't up to the job.

Personally I'm going to a cocktail party.

If God isn't looking after us, we may as well all give up. If he is - here's what Paul says in Romans 8 -

I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.