My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

LOCAL GUYS

Spent a good couple of hours with nine other local pastors this morning. we generally meet once a month, drink some coffee, talk about what's going on and then pray for a while. Nobody's there to impress, so there are no egos flying around and it's a comfortable place to share with others who are building church in the Patchogue/Medford area.

Of course, we're in a different town altogether nowadays, but these are some guys I've got close to over the past several years, so the fact we're in Ronkonkoma changes nothing.

Over the years I've had my fill of self-centered separatists who are so threatened by every other pastor on the planet that they fellowship with none.

We all need each other. I was blessed to be part of a small group of well connected pastors back in Scotland and it seems that at last something similar has developed here.

It's good!