My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

SUNDAY REFLECTIONS

+ It was great to be back at church today. I missed everyone while I was in India and it was good to catch up with them. I love our people.

+ The temperature was 44 today, but with windchill it was in the 30's. That takes a bit of getting used to after ten days in Indian heat.

+ Watching the Patriots winning again - this is getting boring. Thankfully the Colts got back to wining ways today - not to mention the fact that the two New Jersey teams both won, Giants and Jets.

+ I continued the Miracles series this morning, talking about Jesus feeding the 5,000. I took the opportunity to share a pretty straightforward salvation message and four people made a first time commitment to Christ.

+ Have been awake since 2.30am - jet lag is a wonderful thing!!!

+ Our ten year old little dog, Maggie has never been the same since her bowel surgery in June. She has no proper control of her rear end and we are constantly cleaning up after her around the house. I talked to the vet a couple of weeks ago and we have reluctantly agreed with him that neither her quality of life or ours is good. Tomorrow morning I'm taking Maggie on a one way trip to the vet. Say a prayer for me if you remember - it will be tough. I realize if you never had a pet you won't understand!

+ Met some more new folks today. Looked like a pretty full house. Good job we're doing two services Christmas Sunday.

+ Visited Greg Foley in hospital. He was involved in a serious accident nine days ago and suffered major head trauma. Greg's still in a coma and the doctors can't say a lot yet about how they expect things to progress. Please pray for him and his family, especially his mom Liz.

+ I'm falling asleep as I sit here - guess it's time to give in.