My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

ALL PACKED

I've got everything sorted out and packed, ready to board a Delta flight tomorrow night that will once again take me to India. Chris Kelly and I will be there for ten days, spending most of that time at the annual church camp of Covenant Blessings Church, pastored by our good friend Basil D.Souza.

After the fourteen and a half hours flight, we'll adjust to temperatures in the 90's and enjoy being with some very special people with whom we have developed a close relationship over the past five or six years.

I haven't counted accurately lately, but I think this will probably be my tenth visit to the country that I heard so much about growing up. I was born in 1950 and my father had served with the Royal Air Force in Calcutta throughout WWII, so the memories of this remarkable land were fresh in his mind and he often told us stories of India.

His wartime experiences added to what he could recall from spending the first nine years of his life in India while his own father served there in the British army during the glory days of the Empire.

So India was almost in my blood.

I guess it's not surprising then that I enjoy being over there.

Wish the flight was shorter though!!!