My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

ROUTINE

There's a lot to be said for getting back to routine and that's how today has been shaping up - with the one noted exception that I didn't go out with our Grace Care outreach team this afternoon to bring Thanksgiving meals to the homeless men we serve every Saturday.

I resumed my Weight Watchers classes this morning and although the turnout was predictably thin (no pun intended!) on this holiday weekend, it was good to reconnect with those who did make it and encourage them as we move into a demanding season.

The rest of the day has been spent completing everything for tomorrow and I must say I'm really looking forward to teaching the third part of our Miracles series.

The countdown to Christmas now starts in earnest and we reckon our two Christmas Sunday services may well draw an even bigger corwd than Easter Sunday.

This time of year presents some great opportunities, so let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

Just kidding about the white stuff God, honest!