My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

SUNDAY RETROSPECT

+ It was cold early this morning, so I particularly appreciated the commitment of our set-up team who were out in the freezing temperatures to offload all our gear.

+ The theater opened for early shows at 10.30 today, but it didn't cramp our style too much. We couldn't have our prayer chapel or live video feed in the cafe, but apart from that it was business as usual. Good thing we have an excellent relationship with the manager.

+ After service I prayed with a young woman who wanted to commit her life to Christ. Great stuff - it's why we do what we do!

+ Good news from the hospital on Greg. He has come out of the induced coma and is showing signs of awareness.

+ More new folks around. It really is getting difficult to keep track. I don't know a lot of names, which is not good.

+ Watched the Giants this afternoon - waste of time as the Vikings blew them away.

+ My sister arrives on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to seeing her.

+ Peter Montana was in church today. He's the guy who raised the money for our Thanksgiving outreach which provided all the ingredients for a full dinner for sixty families.

+ We need to do another new friends lunch soon so we can get to know some of the folks who have started worshiping with us.

+ The house is weird without Maggie around. It's strange to come home and not have her jumping around as soon as you open the door.

+ This was the 15th consecutive dry Sunday - no rain yet since we moved to Ronkonkoma. Wet mornings would certainly make unloading and loading challenging.