My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

THE BUCKET LIST

The trailers for Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman's new movie, The Bucket List, look mildly amusing even thought the critics pan it. It's about two aging men who make a list of things they want to do before they kick the bucket and I guess it tweaks the interest of a guy like me who has celebrated more birthdays in the past than he will in the future.

Don't worry I'm not in a morbid frame of mind or even mildly depressed, but just for the heck of it here's my Bucket List as of January 2008 -

1. I want to celebrate my 60th wedding anniversary.

2. I want to see my grandchildren graduate and dance with my granddaughter at her wedding (which will be quite an achievement as I can't dance now!).

3. I want to run a half marathon.

4. I want to drive a car at 200mph (I wonder if my Mustang is up to that???).

5. I want to establish three other Church At The Movies campuses in our county so that none of its 1.5 million residents is more than 20 minutes drive from one of our locations.

6. I want to see the Taj Mahal again.

7. I want to visit Iceland.

8. I want to see the summer Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle.

Not much to ask is it? I'm a simple soul!!!