My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Cool Person Of The Week

It's Friday, so it's Cool Person Of The Week time once again. There's little question in my mind about who gets the award this time round. Our first two winners have been people linked with our Hurricane Response efforts and today we're still looking in that direction.

This week's cool person is once again more than one person. In fact it's seven -

Frank Summers
Ray Balsamo
Mike Engel
John Mennona
Scott Fagerland
John Herpfer
Mark Thornton

These are the men who are making the long journey home today from Mississippi, exhausted, but fulfilled after working tirelessly to support some of the families whose homes were devastated by Katrina. They have lived in a tent and a shed, endured all kinds of difficulties, but performed a great service to people experiencing an overwhelming crisis. Dave Grimes, the pastor coordinating teams going to Pascagoula described our team as "heroic".

We're proud of them and are blessed to be identified with them. Don't miss the whole story of their Mississippi ministry on Sunday morning.