My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Back Together

So, Gill and I are finally back together again today. I left for India three weeks ago and then she set off for South Africa eight days later. But she got home this morning, so life will get back to normal once she recovers from the jet-lag.

It sounds like it was a full and exhausting time in Kurland Township with the team from our church. I think the early Christmas Party for 400 kids on Friday took what last drops of energy were left. Kurland is a poor, sad and wicked place, but through Kids Explosion we are able to make a difference in the lives of some of the children who are AIDS orphans or victims of abuse.

The day our church's monthly support arrived was shopping day for food and household goods for the three safe houses where around 20 children are being raised in a loving environment. Sometimes we wonder if our money really makes a difference, so it's a pity we can't all see the smiles on the faces of children who had been beaten, raped and discarded but have found a new life at Grace House in this troubled township. That $1,000 every month is a great investment in these young lives.

So thanks to all who make that possible. Thanks to the team for all they did. And thank God my wife is home!!!