My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Remembering

As the UK reached the end of the first year of World War II, Germany was unleashing its most savage attacks on the airfields of southern England, determined to achieve dominance in the air by destroying the Royal Air Force. What followed as the inferior Air Force took on the might of the Luftwaffe came to be known as The Battle Of Britain.

The British won that battle and erased the awful possibility of German occupation. Saluting the achievements of the officers and men involved in that protracted part of the conflict, wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill said -
Never in the field of human conflict has so much, been owed by so many, to so few.

Today is Friday and it's also Veterans Day. So our Supercool People of The Week are The Few - the men and women who in the past and to this day have put on the uniforms of our armed services to protect this country and her values.

We remember with tremendous gratitude the sacrifices made on our behalf and are very much aware that freedom is not free.