My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Zodiac & I

Someone who is new to our church asked me yesterday why I have astrological data on my blog profile. That's a fair question.

The answer is not that I believe that stuff. It's part of the template that the host website gives you. I looked upon it as an annoyance, but I realize it could give the totally wrong impression, so I'm looking into doing something about it.

Thankfully I don't need demonic weirdness to tell me my future, God has written it very clearly. His plans are to prosper me and to do me good, to give me a future and a hope.

There's a lot of darkness over here, a real spiritual battle going on, but I have met some outstanding pastors who are at the forefront of that warfare. In this area the government has put together a list of churches that are "converting people". Sadly there are only 51 churches on it of the hundreds that exist.

The host church for our conference is high up that list. I'd want Grace Church to be on that kind of list too. In some ways it's a threat, but it's also a badge of honor. If people are not coming to Jesus, what's the point of it all?

Have a great day loving others and enjoying God's love.