My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Prayer & Pills

Isn't it amazing what a lot of prayer and two Tylenol PMs can do for you? After less than five hours sleep in over 56 hours, last night I slept from 10.00pm until 6.30am. It would have been longer if my alarm clock had not pulled me back to earth from whatever I was doing in my world of dreams. I could also have switched it off and gone back to sleep, except I did need to spend some more time preparing today's teaching for the Pastors' Conference. So day one is almost done. We have a service tonight for the pastors and the people from the church hosting the conference and I'm scheduled to preach. Then it will be back to the hotel and hopefully more sleep.

I remember many of the pastors here from last year's conference. They are good guys, doing a great job in what is often a hostile environment. One pastor told me today that a while ago his 12 year old son was kidnapped by Hindu extremists. They took him to some secluded place and one drew a knife to kill him. He kicked out and his two captors both fell to the ground and stayed there unable to move as if being pinned down by some unseen force. The boy ran and escaped.

In this state only 1% of the population are Christians, yet the Hindus are worried about how they will influence the state. So the majority are acting like the minority, while the minority is thinking like the majority.

So whatever you have come your way today, remember that one with God makes a majority and remember the force is with you - God that is!