My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Mr. Supercool

Yes folks, it's Friday again and time to unveil our Cool Person Of The Week

Having introduced you to someone last Friday who is planting a church in our area, how about meeting another church planter?

I have known Tony Balsamo for around 13 years now and for quite a few of those he has been the Associate Pastor at the other Grace Church - Grace Gospel Church in North Patchogue.

Turns out they're planning to plant a new church in the Spring of '06 and Tony is moving out to launch it. He'll do well putting everything together for their Easter Sunday opening and I'm sure he'll build a great church.

So pray for him as he gets everything in place and thank God for another new congregation that is coming to Brookhaven.

He'll be with us Sunday to see how not to do church! So look out for him and encourage him all you can.

For daring to step out of his comfort zone, Tony Balsamo is our Cool Person of The Week.