My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Back Home

It was good to touch down in NY last night and make my way home along the flooded highways of Long Island. My brief visit to Scotland for a funeral provided another great trip down memory lane following our two weeks vacation there last month. I love Scotland - but this is home.

When we moved over here in 1991 the church I had planted there went along quite well for a while, but then it faltered, had some major problems and sadly it eventually folded. However, most of the folks from there became involved in a new church in the main town a few miles away and they certainly gave that congregation a great boost.

But the village our kids grew up in now has no credible Christian church in it. That's weighing heavy on me still today. I'm wondering if Scotland should become one of our missionfields??? Maybe it's an issue we will need to address. Please pray for Scotland and especially for these two places, the twin villages of Inverallochy and Cairnbulg.

Nehemiah 1:1-3 - At the hour for serving wine I brought it in and gave it to the king. I had never been hangdog in his presence before, so he asked me, "Why the long face? You're not sick are you? Or are you depressed?"
That made me all the more agitated. I said, "Long live the king! And why shouldn't I be depressed when the city, the city where all my family is buried, is in ruins and the city gates have been reduced to cinders?"