My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Another Day - Another Meeting

It was a short stay at Town Hall tonight. At the start of the meeting it was announced that our application would not be dealt with as the new code means we require a variance from the Town Board.

I asked for permission to address the issue and went over the timeline that has dragged this thing out for 952 days since we first submitted our plans. I let it be known that I blamed the Planning Board's delays for the fact we were now in this position - then I came home and ate dinner. Tonight I'll sleep - well! After all I won't sleep much tomorrow night as I'll be on an overnight flight to Scotland.

I can sleep well because God is in control. I'll be back from Scotland on Friday night, enjoy the Kick-Off event for 40 Days of Community on Sunday and then after the weekend I'll continue talking to attorneys about the next step.

Let's look for a great response Sunday. A lot of people know Rick Warren from his book and the TV, so why not invite someone to come with you?