My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Yet Another Attorney

I just got back from a meeting with an attorney - another attorney. There's a whole bunch of them waiting to sue the Town of Brookhaven for us because it's such a winnable case and of course they'll make plenty of money from the victory themselves. I have talked to several lately.

I really liked the guy I talked to this afternoon. He seemed more concerned about getting the newly amended town code re-amended to make places of worship exempt from their restrictions. He isn't looking to sue anyone or for us to take him on.

He's simply offering (free) advice on how to get an injustice reversed, especially in the last month leading up to local elections. So I'm listening.

This isn't about us anymore (I guess those words sound familiar), it's about every church now planning to build or expand and about those who will want to in the future. Let's focus on that fight first for a few weeks.

I loved this statement the attorney made, "Don't you think it's interesting that God has caused the church to be his instrument to confront the corruption in the Town of Brookhaven?"

That's a great point. Let's do it. More to follow as we are guided by this Christian man in how to move forward.