My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, October 10, 2005

Heart of Worship

When everything else in our Christian lives takes backstage, we are left with what really matters - our own relationship with God himself. That's what counts above all else. Heck, it's the heart of it all.

I love to worship. It helps me to focus.

That's why I'm excited about 4HIM on Thursday night of this week. I've wanted to do this for a while and now we have the opportunity. This is an evening of worship, enjoying God's presence and communion and it will be led by our own worship team and special guest Lynn Swart, who is no stranger to our church family.

Lynn teaches on worship and leads worship at major events all over the world. For some time now she has visited us once or twice a year, acting as a mentor to our worship team and it is always great to have her around.

So Thursday night will be special. It's from 8.00 to 9.00pm (or maybe a few minutes longer!) at Christian Assembly at 424 Columbus Avenue in East Pathogue. If you Mapquest the address, you won't be driving around looking for it and miss the start. It's right off of Montauk Highway.

There will be no preaching, just worship. And if you like it, we'll do it again and again and again ...