My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Cool Person Of The Week

Yes, it's that time again when we take a look around at al that is going on at Grace and single out just one person from a whole buch of heroes as our person of the week.

Maybe at the end of the year we should look at everyone who has one this prestigious award and draw a Grace Church Person of The Year from among them? Then we could send the winner to Disney or give them a Ford Explorer. Yea right! Mention on these pages is sufficient reward and if it's not, it'll just have to be!

There's a ton of work being done here in our offices through the course of a week. You might be amazed at how many different things get juggled so that we manage to maintain the illusion that we're on top of things and actually know what we're doing. And one of the people who helps us in that is our cool person of the week .....

Lynn Hargraves
Lynn volunteers on a weekly basis giving us one or two days a week of professional office help. She's the one who sets up and prints The View on a regular basis and she cheerfully and capably does a load of other things around here too.
Lynn has been reading my scrawl, correcting my grammar and helping me make impossible deadlines for more than ten years now.
She's a gem and an essential part of what most people don't see - all that needs to be accomplished behind the scenes.