My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Round Three

This evening we have a third public hearing with the Planning Board at 5.00pm. I'm not sure what will happen there in light of the new code recently adopted by the Town Board, but God knows and he has the first word as well as the last.

I'm far more pumped about 40 Days of Community right now than about battles with politicians. There's a great buzz around about small groups, community projects, etc. This will be a great fall for us as a church.

I've picked my small group for the six weeks series. Which is yours?

And of course Rick Warren will be speaking for us on Sunday. He is a brilliant, transparent communicator and it will be a thrill to welcome him to our stage at Patchogue UA. Okay, to the screen at Patchogue UA. It will be an outstanding morning with an autumn fair and brunch to follow. We do eat good at Grace!