My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Our Small Group

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited about our 40 Days of Community small group that will be getting together next week for the first of six meetings. I must admit that I enjoy Rick Warren's teaching so his video teaching is one of the things I'm looking forward to in our Saturday morning group.

But I'm also waiting to see which of the community projects we'll undertake together. If God had intended us to be isolationists he would probably have directed us all to monasteries, but the fact is he never planned for that. He wanted the church to change the world.

So here we are, poised to learn, be encouraged and to actually take the time to put some of this good stuff into practice.

If you didn't sign up to join a group yet, please make a point of doing so on Sunday. Don't sit on the sidelines - get in the game and dare to believe it will make you different and also that you will make a difference.