My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, October 24, 2005

India Revisited

It was good to walk out of the crowded Mumbai (Bombay) airport last night and see our good friend Basil D'Souza there waiting for us. Door to door the journey took little more than 24 hours, which is not too long at all compared with some of the traveling our missions teams have done this year. It was 82 degrees at 10.45pm, which is pretty good for October in my book. Daytime temperatures should be in the 90's all the time we're here.

What a privilege to be able to stand with Basil as he works in this great country and with the churches under his care.

Pastor Agnel in Goa has been in negotiations over a piece of land and it looks like that will now move forward. So as I lay in bed this morning and read today's devotional from 40 Days of Community, I reflected on the fact God really does know what he's talking about ... we are definitely better together.

This afternoon we fly north to Udaipur for a conference with 100 pastors that will run from Wednesday to Friday and I don't expect to be back on here until we return to Mumbai at the weekend. Have a great week - read the book, get into a group and let's keep growing together!