My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Tomorrow Is A Great Day

It's Election Day tomorrow and while most of us will be breathing a sigh of relief that the TV ads will be over, the negative advertising will no longer fill our mail boxes and you will actually be able to see some more of Long Island's shrinking greenery because the candidates' signs will come down, let's not forget that the right to vote is a tremendous privilege. And let's do it.

I was invited to attend a special meeting today hosted by Suffolk County Democrats. Since Monday's my quiet day, I thought it would be something totally different to do and so joined the crowd to listen to Hillary Clinton rally the troops. She's a great communicator whatever you think of her politics, but I couldn't help smile when she was mistakenly introduced as Hillary Rodman Clinton - I wonder if Dennis Rodman would have liked to have his name used in that context!

The Bible tells us to pray for those in authority, 1 Tim.2:2 - Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation.

In addition to praying, we also need to elect leaders who will allow us to pursue worshiping God and sharing the Gospel. It would therefore be good to remember that some local politicians have made a very firm stand against our church and churches as a whole, when you go to vote tomorrow. We should hold them accountable for their illegal, unconstitutional and anti-God stance.

However you vote - make sure you do.