My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Sprucing The Place Up

Monday's almost over and I didn't get to my Blog yet. I wouldn't be here now except for the fact I just gave up on the Monday Night Football game as I doubt if I'll even stay awake till half time.

I live with the glorious theory or major delusion that Monday is my down day - it's my weekend. Now it doesn't often work out that way, but this Monday almost did. There was a brief visit to the hospital with the family of one of our seniors who is nearing the end of her journey, but apart from that the day was totally mundane.

Gymn, Weightwatchers and then out with Gill to pick out some paint for our den and kitchen. We currently have more than 20 people who are new to the church coming around for coffee and dessert on Sunday evening. By the weekend I expect that number to have reached 30 and I'm really looking forward to getting to know some people whose names I have hardly even managed to grasp yet.

Some great people have been worshiping with us lately whom I barely know. Sunday night should change all that. The rumors that the house is getting a facelift to impress them all are a wild exaggeration!