My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Few Of My Favorite Things

A friend of mine recently wrote in his Blog about the things that are on his desktop. Now, I don't know that this would be of the vaguest interest to anyone but a few sad people looking to spend some time on the internet rather than watching repeats of Law & Order, but for those few ... here goes!

1. There's a great photo of Gill I took a couple of years ago at Rockafeller Plaza, with the ice rink and Christmas lights behind her. We generally go in there for our anniversary - December 20th - and will be there next week to look at the lights, see the tree and eat in our favorite Indian restaurant.

2. A photo of my three grandchildren.

3. A photo of our two children, their spouses and (at that time) two grandchildren.

4. A photo of me dancing with Charlotte at her wedding. I was shuffling really, being brought up as a good legalist, we were told that Christians don't dance!!!

5. A little plaque I got from Jonathan a number of years ago that reads - Dad thanks for being there. That one means a lot to me.

6. A framed certificate from one of the rooming houses we help through our Grace Care outreaches that reads - Thank You Grace Ministries for making our Saturdays sweet! I keep that one, but it's really for the dozens of people who make that ministry possible.

7. A signed softball from our 2001 softball team. I enjoy softball - it was one of the new games I had to learn when I came to the States. Watching people playing tells you a lot about them!!!

8. A picture of huskies and a sled in a snowy wilderness with the wording underneath -
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

If you tried to analyze all this and work out what's important to me, you might draw the conclusion that it's family, family, family, family, family, helping others, having fun and being radical for God - and that would probably be correct.

And if you think it's time I cleaned my desktop - you're dead right!!!