My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

HEAVEN CAN WAIT

I think that was a movie title from a few years ago, though I have no idea what it was about. I hope it's something that's suitable for quoting on my blog - if not, forgive me and just raise your eyebrows at my ignorance!

Having missed church today, I've had a number of enquiries about the last part of our Win 4 Life series that was scheduled for this morning. We have our messages planned out until July and to be honest, it would get complicated if we tried to push everything back a week.

So I'm postponing the message on Heaven until later in the year. However, having taken a good look at the subject while preparing for today, I think we should come back to it for two or three Sundays and spend a bit of time thinking about it and exploding some common myths.

Nex week we'll go ahead and start a series I have really been looking forward to - Caffeinated Christianity. Before our services start there'll be a whole exciting range of coffee options in the foyer and then once inside, we'll look at what keeps the Christian life vibrant and exciting - Grace. Without it, our relationship with God becomes flat, lifeless and unsatisfying. Grace gives it pep.

Pass the cappuccino!