My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

REFLECTIONS ON MY TRIP


The good news is - the Mets kept me awake last night as they beat the Phillies. And the Tylenol PM kept me asleep until a decent time of day. So now I'm catching up with a few things, doing some essentials, looking forward to Gill coming home this afternoon (she has been visiting friends in Florida) and will be fully back into the swing of things tomorrow.

What was the point of going more than half way around the world for just seven days? Good question.

1. It further strengthened our relationship with Basil D'Souza and Covenant Blessings Church.

2. I was able to give him some input on a number of significant issues he is looking at just now.

3. I was there when he got news from the UK of the death of a good friend and fellow pastor, Barry Graham. Barry has been heavily involved with Basil in training Indian pastors.

4. I spent a lot of time with them ironing out the practical details of their 40 Days of Purpose campaign that starts on July 16th.

5. I visited the church in Goa, encouraged them and preached a couple of nights at special services.

6. I traveled around with the pastor there as he continued his search for suitable land to build a church on.

7. I spent a whole day doing some training with the wider leadership team in Covenant Blessings Church.

8. I preached at both their English and Hindi services on Sunday.

9. My passion for reaching other nations was fired up and my love for India and its people grew.

10. I resolved to do all I can to fill the gap Barry left and to ensure that we are actively involved in training as many Indian pastors as we can.