My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Friday, July 14, 2006

ANSWER THE PHONE!

I love Mickey Mouse phones. I have one on my desk as a constant reminder not to take myself too seriously. Maybe everyone should have a Mickey Mouse phone, who knows it might help the world be a less intense place!

We did something new today - making a telephone call to everyone in the church to remind them we have a brand new series starting on Sunday. And it all happened in just minutes, not because we have a small congregation or because I'm tech savvy, but because I have friends who make me look good.

One of the highlights of our time in Georgia last weekend was being able to spend some time with Tony McCollum, who I first met three years ago. He has a
great church that meets for worship in a movie theater right in the humungus Mall of Georgia.

Tony's a goldmine of information and a fun guy to hang with too, so I picked his brain for most of Sunday afternoon and evening. It was him who let me into the secret that there is a company out there who at minimal cost will send your recorded message to everyone on your phone list. What a great idea.

So Marie set that all up for us in the office this morning and everyone on our mailing list got a call from Rog - whether they wanted it or not!

It's a great tool for staying connected - I love it!

BTW if you're part of Grace and didn't get the call, what's wrong with this picture? You didn't make it to the mailing list yet? - time to email us your details!