My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

WHERE'S ROGER?

Just in case anyone at Grace was wondering this morning, Gill and I are in Canton, Georgia. Now I know that with the limited knowledge of the geography of the south that most of us Yankees possess, Canton is probably not a city most of us are familiar with.

But stand by, because in the next few years, it will become a very significant place. Not because it is a huge town - it isn't. Or because of it's great historical sites - I only found an old mill.

Ridgestone Community Church will put this place on the map. It started two years ago, worships in a movie theater and has one of the most outrageous young pastors you could ever meet. Gary Lamb is hyper, he's loud - and above all he's getting the job done big time. Don't let the redneck facade fool you - he's a smart cookie and knows exactly what he's doing and where he's going.

That's why we came down here to hook up with Gary again - I knew him before he was famous - and to see how they do church in a movie theater in Canton Georgia.

I was there early this morning to watch their set-up team in action - they start at 5.30am! - and am heading back soon for the actual service.

I loved just being there watching everything happening and have already picked up a whole bunch of ideas. I'm already pumped about this morning and this isn't even my church.

Man, I love this stuff!