My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

CELEBRATING

Sitting here watching fireworks over Boston accompanied by the Boston Pops. I missed Macy's NY gig, so this is second best.

But then again, Boston played a pretty big role in securing freedom from the King, as I recall from my limited knowledge of US history. The notoroius Tea Party didn't go down so well with the British, or so I'm led to believe. Then old Paul Revere did quite a bit to keep the enemy from across the water at bay.

From a bunch of rebel colonists a couple of hundred years ago to the world's only superpower today is quite a transition, leaving us with a lot to be proud this 4th of July.

I know I'm a first generation immigrant and a pretty new one still at that, but I love to tell people that while most of them are American by birth, I am American by choice.

This is a great nation. I'm glad to be part of it.