My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Monday, June 26, 2006

DON'T DATE ME!


Okay, so today I hit 56 - but I'm not really that old, honest. If you don't believe me, do what they do to trees - cut me in half and count the rings - I'm sure the total won't come to more than 26.

I do have to admit that my back creaked a lot when I got up this morning and it has been giving me some grief all day, but young people have back problems as well as old relics from a bygone era, so that proves nothing.

What a great birthday - breakfast out with Gill and then the whole afternoon on the beach here in Montauk, reading and watching the sea. Charlotte, Mike and Jace will be here shortly and we'll go eat together, watching the waves lap the shore.

On the subject of eating, there is good news for those who have used the word "anorexic", albeit in jest, in my presence. I granted myself a holiday today and this morning I put away a huge omelette, homefries and toast. This afternoon I saty ont he beach and consumed strawberry mousse from the local bakery, with about an inch of whipped cream on the top of it. Tonight I will eat whatever I like, but I bet it will include french fries. So don't worry, I can still eat - that's the real problem!