My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

TEAMWORK


Getting back into the swing of things here, there's one aspect of the coming weekend that is blowing my mind.

A few months ago we had the idea of throwing a party for all the volunteers in our church, but discovered that would be such a huge event it would be tough to pull it off. So we went for a bash just for those who make Sundays happen by being involved in one way or another.

It's going to be a barbecue at Frank Summers' house (he has the biggest back yard) and at the last count there will be 100 people there. Isn't that an insane figure?

Forget the fact there are a whole bunch of folks who are already committed to a graduation party, bar-mitzvah, family reunion or boat launching party elsewhere, one hundred people who are actively involved in our Sunday programs are going to join us.

I can't believe the head count. I knew it took the effort of a lot of willing workers, but had no idea what the total was. Good job we're throwing them a party - they deserve it!