My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

MULTI-TASKING

Wireless internet connections are a wonderful thing. Here I am sitting on my settee watching England play Sweden in the soccer World Cup, while at the same time I've been catching up on emails and am now updating my blog.

What a great time to be alive. If Al Gore hadn't already invented the internet, I think I'd have done it myself.

This morning we had a guy here switching our phone system from dear old Verizon's traditional phone line service to Vonage who somehow or other provide the same conveniences by hooking the house phones up to the internet. It's all a little beyond my comprehension - totally beyond my comprehension to be absolutely honest - but I do know it will save me in the region of $70 a month on my phone bill.

All this is a world away from the small black and white TV that I was watching last time England won the world cup - way back in 1966.

England's soccer really isn't great - but while their glory days may be behind them, I'm glad to be living a life where the best is still to come. Technology isn't the only thing that's constantly changing. Church is too!