My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

BANG, BANG, HAMMER, HAMMER

It's great to be sitting here 200 yards from the shore and listening to the waves hitting the beach. However, I can't see the sea because it's still shrouded in mist, fog or whatever. Last night we had enjoyed around 5 inches of rain here - it will be interesting to see what the weekend total was when I listen to the late news today..

But for now it has stopped and though I'm not exactly jumping into my new orange swimming trunks and heading for the sands, being out here - even in bad weather - sure beats being beat around the head with a kipper by a drunken Irishman!

Went in for the service this morning. I know I'm biased, but I love our church. I'm also glad we have a lot of warmheated people like Dr. Marvin Katzmann who worked on my back for me right after I left the theater. I pulled a muscle on Friday and have been in a lot of discomfort since then! Next step is the hot bath he recommended and hopefully it will be a virtually pain-free birthday for me tomorrow!

By the way, I heard a couple of great stories from people planning to be baptized next weekend, but I'm not going to tell them here, you'll have to be there on the day for our Celebration Sunday!