My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

BACK!

Okay, that was it - a great break out at my favorite part of the Island! Sure the weather wasn't all it might have been, but there was enough sunshine to leave me pretty sore all over despite wearing factor 30 sunblock and to leave the elongated Blackmore nose shining like a beacon in the dark. Move over Rudolph!

It's probably good to come clean and confess that I did watch a lot of World Cup Soccer, so didn't get through all the reading I had planned.

But it was relaxing, refreshing and I certainly read enough to be challenged in a few areas and to be left with some things to think through, which hopefully will help me improve in doing what I do night and day - and love doing.

I know reading is fast becoming a lost art, but there is so much out there to amuse, entertain, inform, inspire that I need to find some more time to give myself to learning from others.