My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

CHURCH STATS REVISITED

Someone asked me today where Grace is at in relation to the stats I quoted yesterday. (Scroll down a bit - they're there!)

Well, they state that churches between three and fifteen years of age win an average of five people to Christ per year for every 100 members. We're eight years old later this year, but if this is the results bracket we should be in, the truth is - we're not.

I am very happy to say we are still pursuing our purposes like a church that is less than three years old and seeing closer to ten people coming to know Jesus each year per 100 church members.

Let's stay young for ever!