My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, New York, United States

I'm the lead pastor of a great and very unconventional church - Church At The Movies, with campuses in Ronkonkoma and Mastic, NY - and I love doing what I do. We have hundreds of fellow radicals in our congregations who, like me, are committed to doing church for the unchurched. Totally apart from my church involvement, I work a few hours a week as a Weight Loss Consultant for Weight Watchers, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

GETTING IT DONE

Had lunch Paul Russo, pastor of Calvary Assembly in Yaphank, today and chatted to him about developing his small groups. He's a great guy, turning around a church with a checkered history and I enjoy hanging out with him.

Took a quick ride south from the diner to stop in at Medford AG and chat with Anthony Pelella. Their new building is outstanding and almost finished.

Anthony was telling me that taking over a dying church with six people in the congregation and transforming it into a growing, live church was easy compared with the building project that has dominated his life for the past three years.

They'll be in it soon and the church will really take off. Anthony always tells me that once the building is in use, we can do stuff there whenever we want. I appreciate that all-too-rare kingdom mindset, but he'll need it himself. They'll soon be into multiple services and will use their fabulous facilities more than they even dreamed of.

I reckon if they take northern Medford, we'll look after the south end of the town. There are 11,000 people living in Medford, so there are plenty for us both to reach.

There are some good things going on around us and I'm glad to be connected with some outstanding pastors.